You Found It ... The Best Child Door Lock for Interior & Exterior Doors
Tired of child proof door locks that don't really work? Imagine being able to cook dinner or pay bills without constantly getting interrupted by your little one entering an off-limits room in your home.
Your childproofing frustrations will soon be over:
- You can lock and unlock the door from both sides. No more getting trapped in a room! Adults are able to open the door easily from either side.
- Your kids can't dismantle the GlideLok because the locking mechanism is completely out of reach, sitting on top of your door.
- Operating the GlideLok is a breeze for adults. Just slide across to lock or unlock.
- It's the only childproofing system of its kind made of durable metal, not cheap plastic, so it will last you for years.
- Installation is a snap. It requires just one screw, included with your order.
- The GlideLok is unobtrusive and blends in with your decor. Most people won't even realize it's there.
- Simply leave the GlideLok disengaged if you don't need it, and your door will stay unlocked. You can then open the door without sliding the GlideLok.
Want to order a different quantity of GlideLoks?
You can order any amount you want right here.
How thick can my door be in order to properly fit the GlideLok?
Your door can be up to 1-13/16 inches thick if you remove the GlideLok spacer bar with a #1 Phillips drill bit.
Your door can be up to 1-3/8 inches thick in order to install the GlideLok without removing the spacer bar.
Please measure the thickness of your door before ordering.
What types of doors does the GlideLok fit?
The GlideLok works on most standard doors with hinges, including:
- Interior doors
- Exterior doors
- French doors
- Double doors (that swing in one direction)
- Doors with a door lever
- Doors with a door knob
- Doors with large or uniquely shaped handles
What kinds of doors will NOT work with the GlideLok?
This product does NOT work on any type of sliding door on a track, such as:
- Bifold doors
- Pocket doors
- Sliding glass doors
- Sliding decorative barn doors
It also does NOT work on:
- Metal door frames
- Patio screen doors
- Storm doors
- Double swing doors (that swing both ways)
Do I need to screw anything into my door frame?
Installation of the GlideLok requires one screw (included in the package). Yes, this screw must be drilled into your door frame.
The door in my home is extra tall, or I am extra short. Will the GlideLok work for me?
You must be able to reach the top of your door, in order to manually slide the GlideLok across to lock and unlock. GlideLok has holes for the possible attachment of a hook or rod (NOT INCLUDED), which is helpful for especially tall doors / shorter adults.
Some customers also tie a piece of string, wire, or even use a ladle or ruler to slide the GlideLok back and forth if they are not tall enough to reach the top of the door themselves.
What material is the GlideLok made of?
The GlideLok is the only door babyproofing system of its kind made of high-quality painted metal, not flimsy plastic that would easily break. We invested in the very best materials so your GlideLok will last for years.
Can the GlideLok be operated from both sides of the door?
Yes! That is one of our biggest selling points and mentioned frequently in our product reviews.
Many child safety locks for doors with handles / levers will only operate from one side, which means you could accidentally get trapped in a room while in your own home. The GlideLok can easily be operated from both sides of the door by an adult - and it works if you have a door knob or door handle / lever!
Even if you must install the peg on the “other” side of the door due to how your door sits in the frame, you can still use the GlideLok because it slides across from both sides.
The GlideLok is NOT sold in stores. Stock is very limited.
Our 100% money-back guarantee
We understand that even if you measure the doors in your home and watch the video on easy installation + troubleshooting tips, you may still wish to return your GlideLok. That's why we offer a no-questions-asked, 30-day money back guarantee.
Simply return your GlideLok to us, and we'll refund you. It's that simple, so you have nothing to lose and only peace of mind to gain! Here's a link to our official refund policy.